S. Craig Sidewalk Sale & Art Market
This event has passed
S. Craig Street Sidewalk Sale
Support artists, local vendors, and Oakland businesses while enjoying outdoor shopping and live music on Saturday, September 25th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Live performances by OrangeG & Matthew Crowe feat. Kate Beck starting at 2 p.m.
Location: S. Craig Street between Winthrop Street & Forbes Avenue
In addition to the businesses participating along S. Craig Street, there will be an artist market featuring goods from the following vendors:
- Nabakindo All-Natural Skincare is a family-owned, skincare company specializing in handmade, plant-based products for all skin types. Nabakindo, pronounced (nah-bah-kin-doh), is a blended word comprised of the two words, Nakindo and Bakindo. Originating from the Azande tribe of South Sudan, Nakindo is a title given to queens or the female monarch of an empire. Similarly, Bakindo means “king” or male supreme ruler. Together these words illustrate the essence of who we strive to be – a premier, family-focused brand committed to enhancing the array of melanin-kissed complexions of our kings, queens, and heirs.
- Zim Syed is an artist, painter, muralist, and filmmaker based in Pittsburgh, PA. Throughout Syed’s work, he credits his upbringing as a Bangladeshi-American as a main source of inspiration. Born in Atlanta, Georgia, Syed shortly moved to the United Arab Emirates where he spent most of his childhood. He moved to Pittsburgh to attend the University of Pittsburgh where he got involved in the arts. He hopes to continue his work aligning with his personal history by creating large-scale murals, more intimate paintings and works on paper, and working with film.
- Lindsey Hill is a graphic designer, illustrator, and hand lettering artist living in Pittsburgh. I have a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Graphic Design with a 2D Studio Art minor. With 5 years of experience designing, I can bring your ideas to life.
- LaVerne’s award winning textiles have become iconic in Pittsburgh’s fiber arts community. She’s known as an amazingly talented artist with a long history of quality art making. Her powerful artwork draws the viewer in through her adventurous use of color, pattern, motion and meaning. Over the years, LaVerne’s work has evolved from incredible woven clothing to include jewelry, greeting cards, wall hanging, sculptural dolls and home goods.
- Eva Conrad is an artist who is working to understand the nature of reality through color and form. She creates functional and decorative ceramics as well as porcelian jewelry.
- Sarah Jane Sindler, owner and designer of KING RELD, is an avant-garde creator of custom jewelry, grillz, and fashion wearables. KING RELD often curates meaningful experiential exhibits enhanced by performance and installation, and, often, with collaborative works of other artists and designers.